PAGES

Making my winter wardrobe

Monday, May 20, 2013

Now that the weather is starting to cool down, I'm realising how few me-made winter clothes I have - although I've been doing lots of sewing, it's mostly been summer dresses and tops. It seems it's now time to focus on some warmer options, so I have sketched a few basic items that I think will be good to start with:



As you can see, my winter sewing will begin with a coat, a Colette Laurel top, a black knit swing top (similar to the one featured here), jeans (dark purple velvet??), a cross-over knit top, a hand-embellished knit skirt (in the style of Alabama Chanin), a basic knit dress and a hoodie with track pants. I'm also planning to make a hat and perhaps some new boots too. This list is going to keep me pretty busy in the coming weeks, but it will be great to have some new me-made items to choose from on these cool autumn/winter mornings. I look forward to sharing my progress with you here on the blog. 

And what about you - has the changing weather made you think about new sewing projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger